Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Warped, Frustrated, Old Man

I know, I know. I haven't blogged in quite some time. I got busy with the holidays and I still don't have a computer to give me frequent access to the internet.

Anyway, just had a quick thought about todays big Obama inauguration. I watched it all unfold over several hours this morning and saw an excellent pop-culture observation.

Vice President Dick Cheney (actually--the former Vice President) was at the ceremonies today in a wheelchair. The news reported he had hurt his back while moving things out of his office. One would assume he was probably smuggling gold bars out of his office which would put quite a strain on one's back.

All day on the news they showed him being pushed around in this wheelchair, and at one point while he was outside he was even wearing a black hat.

I couldn't help but think he looked a great deal like Mr. Potter in Frank Capra's film "It's a Wonderful Life." Other than the wheelchair, I think I might be hard pressed to find any other similarities between the Mr. Potter character and the former Vice-President. What do you guys think?

That's all for now. Don't forget to watch the premiere of ABC's 'Lost'; still the best show on television.

2 comments:

The Cakes said...

Conan so ripped you off! I heard you say it first though.

Kirse May said...

I thought the same thing - although he could also be a James Bond bad guy or Dr. Evil. Glad to see you back on the blog - we should chat soon - hooray for America!